Dr. Loetscher was featured again on the “Everyday Oral Surgery” Podcast Discussing Full Arch Rehabilitation! Check it out!
Dr. Loetscher was featured on the “Everyday Oral Surgery” podcast with Dr. Grant Stucki, a fellow oral surgeon practicing in Denver, CO.
“Recent technological advancements have led to incredible innovations in oral surgery, and today’s guest, Dr. Andy Loetscher, DDS, MS, is using them to full effect at his Atlanta Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center. After taking us through his full arch rehabilitation surgery process, Dr. Andy explains what Face Hunter is and how he uses it at his practice. We then learn why payment options are better when discussed upfront, why practices have different prices, and how Dr. Andy decides on a course of treatment for his patients. What sets Dr. Andy apart from the rest are the techniques that he uses during surgery, and he educates us on how he inserts implants while accounting for varying bone densities, why osseodensification burs don’t excite him, the mechanics behind his use of prosthesis, and a rundown of his practice’s digital workflow. We end with our guest explaining some of the challenges he faces at work, why prosthesis hygiene is vital, why you’d do well to develop a digital workflow for your practice, and some of Dr. Andy’s life-changing reads from the past.”
Key Points From This Episode:
- A warm welcome to today’s guest, Dr. Andy Loetscher, DDS, MS.
- Looking at Dr. Andy’s process for when a patient comes in for full arch rehabilitation.
- Dr. Andy explains Face Hunter and how he uses it at his practice.
- Why discussing pricing options upfront makes the rest of the process easier.
- How varying prices across practices confuse patients and doctors alike.
- The way Dr. Andy decides on a course of treatment for his patients.
- How he inserts patient implants and how he accounts for different bone densities.
- Why he doesn’t use osseodensification burs anymore.
- Our guest explains the mechanics behind prosthetics on the day of surgery.
- Digital workflow: the different technologies and methods that he uses in his surgical process.
- How technological advancements make Dr. Andy’s work easier, but also more expensive.
- Exploring some of the challenges that he faces at work.
- The usual amount of grafting done during Dr. Andy’s full arch rehabilitations.
- How developing a digital workflow will do wonders for you and your patients.
Comments are closed.