Meet Dr. Plavin
STANFORD R. PLAVIN, MD
Dr. Plavin is a Board-Certified anesthesiologist, he is highly trained in providing quality, safety, and service to our patients. He will do everything possible to make sure our patients are comfortable during their procedure and ensuring these values is our commitment to you.
Dr. Stan Plavin is the owner & leader of Oral Surgery Anesthesia Associates. He has performed anesthesia for our complex surgery cases for many years.
- Residency in Anesthesiology: Emory University Affiliated Hospitals, Atlanta, GA
- MD: University of Vermont College Of Medicine,Burlington, VT
- McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
RECOGNIZED AS AN EXPERIENCED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER
- Residency trained Physician Anesthesiologist, specifically disciplined in providing sedation and general anesthesia care in a variety of clinical settings: Hospital Operating Rooms, Outpatient Surgical Centers, and Dental,Oral surgery and Physician Offices. Providing experience, safety, and quality anesthesia care for over 20 years.
A COMMITMENT TO CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Frequently attends annual meetings of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and completes over 40 hours of continuing Medical education each year.
- Lecturer: U.S. and internationally, to various organizations on topics such as Office Based Anesthesia, Patient selection for Office based surgery, ASC lecturer, Infection control, Oral Sedation, Deep Sedation, General Anesthesia, and other related topics.
- Maintains current certification in BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- American Society of Dentist Anesthesiologists — Affiliate
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- International Anesthesia Research Society
- Society for Ambulatory Anesthesia
- ASCA Board Member
ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY
Dr. Plavin has two children, resides in Atlanta and is active in organized medicine and anesthesiology on a local, state, and national level. He enjoys quality time with his family, children, sports, travel, and music.