Check out Dr. Loetscher’s Podcast on Orthognathic Surgery!
Performing surgeries in a private office (as opposed to a hospital) requires a great deal of infrastructure. Joining us today to discuss the ins and outs of in-office orthognathic surgeries is Dr. Andy Loetscher of Atlanta Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Dental Implant Center. In this episode, we discover how his private office is set up to facilitate these surgeries and the benefits of performing them in-house for the continuity of care. Dr. Loetscher explains how he has streamlined his surgical techniques to reduce costs and improve efficiency and shares advice for young doctors aiming for a similar in-office surgical setup. Tune in to learn more about Dr. Loetscher’s technique and experience in performing in-office orthognathic surgery, with bonus insights into anesthesia and plate selection.
- Introducing Atlanta-based oral and maxillofacial surgeon Dr. Andy Loetscher.
- Dr. Loetscher’s three main reasons for doing orthognathic surgery.
- How his private office is set up to facilitate orthognathic surgery.
- Why he prefers to use pure inhalation anesthesia when performing orthognathic surgeries.
- His preferred equipment and use of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) sponges for bone grafting.
- The benefits of doing orthognathic surgeries in his office instead of a hospital setting.
- Dr. Loetscher’s post-op regimen.
- The importance of having a skilled and well-trained team.
- How he has streamlined his surgical techniques to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- His experience treating sleep apnea patients with orthognathic surgery.
- Staffing and infrastructure challenges faced in the office.
- Dr. Loetscher’s advice for those aiming to perform complex surgeries in-office.
- He recounts a successfully-handled medical emergency during surgery.
Comments are closed.