Dental Implant Costs & Global Fees
Cost of Dental Implants
Placing a dental implant requires a number of steps, generally involving several professionals.
- Bone graft or site preservation
- Placing the Dental Implant the titanium tooth root
- Placing the Crown the porcelain tooth
- Office visits, x-rays, pre- and post-surgical care
We have a fee structure ranging from the replacement of one tooth, to global fees which cover the complete replacement of an arch of teeth (see below).
What else does it depend on?
- The location of the implant in the jaw
- Whether the bone has been resorbed and requires bone grafting
- Any other health conditions that might cause complications
- The cost of the actual implant and crown
- The doctor’s experience and expertise
Single dental implants cost around $2,800. When multiple implants are placed, the price per dental implant decreases. Circumstances such as the need for adjunctive bone grafting can increase the overall cost. A full-mouth reconstruction with dental implants can range from $20,000 to $50,000, depending upon whether teeth need to be removed, if bone loss has occurred and bone grafting needs to be done, and also what the final restoration will be — acrylic teeth or ceramic teeth, and whether the teeth are fixed in place or removable. The restoring dentist charges separate fees for the teeth being replaced on top of the implants.
Full Arch Global Fees (Approximate)
Lower Jaw (Mandible)
- $18,000-$20,500 – Remove all teeth, place 5-6 implants, deliver a beautifully computer designed milled PMMA fixed bridge the next day. Includes general anesthesia or IV sedation. Full mouth digital smile design.
- $16,000-$18,000 – Tooth extractions not required. 5-6 implants. Deliver a beautifully computer designed milled PMMA fixed bridge the next day. Includes general anesthesia or IV sedation for the surgery.
Upper Jaw (Maxilla)
- $20,000-$22,300 – Remove all teeth, place 5-7 implants, deliver a beautifully computer designed milled PMMA fixed bridge the next day. Includes general anesthesia or IV sedation. Full mouth digital smile design.
- $17,000-$19,800 – If significant bone grafting is not required (Sinus lifts or Bone Grafts).
Egg-Shell Maxilla (Atrophic Maxilla): For those who have been wearing an upper denture for many years, and at least 4 implants cannot be placed to stabilize a temporary bridge:
- $20,000-$22,750 – We reconstruct the extremely atrophic maxilla with 6-8 implants, using BMP bone grafting or iliac crest grafting. You wear your denture for 4-6 months, then the implants are uncovered, and restored. A temporary bridge can be placed for $1,800 or a more permanent bridge placed – depending on materials – for $5,500 to $15,000 extra.
Combined: Upper and lower jaw simultaneously:
- $35,000-$39,600 – 5-6 implants per arch, Includes anesthesia, provisional bridge (teeth). Full digital smile design package with face hunter analysis.
Continuing Cost of Bridges and Dentures
While Bridges and Dentures are less expensive at the outset, you should consider that both options can have considerable continuing expenses. Bridges, by their structure, cut down the neighboring abutment teeth — which can lead to weakness and repeated treatments. Dentures cannot preserve the jaw bone the way Dental Implants can, so the jaw shrinks as the bone is resorbed, leading to ill-fitting Dentures and repeated rounds of re-fitting and re-placing. Over a lifetime, Dental Implants can be the cost-effective as well as esthetic choice.
Financing for Dental Implants
After your consult, Dr. Loetscher’s office will check with your dental insurance carrier to see what portion, if any, may be covered.
We have several financing options available with monthly payment options. Financing can be obtained over many years, with payments starting as low as $325 per month. Financing for up to $60,000 can be arranged.
Dental Implants are an investment in your health as well as your appearance. A full set of teeth makes eating a pleasure again, making it easier to eat a balanced, healthy diet. A full set of teeth also preserves the contours of the face, keeping you from looking old before your time.
Dr. Loetscher will discuss your most reasonable options and you leave with a price for a treatment that suits your needs.
Please note the fees quoted in our office only cover the surgical aspect of your dental reconstruction and do not cover the fee for the prosthesis that will be placed by your restorative dentist. All fees quoted are valid for 90 days.