Christian A. Loetscher, DDS, MS
Meet Dr. Loetscher
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow in Anesthesiology, by the American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
Dr Loetscher and staff have developed a very special Oral Surgery Practice and Dental Implant Center. The quality of care, kindness to the patient, and Dr. Loetscher’s reputation for surgical skill have allowed our practice to become one of the most reputable in the state and southeast. Our patients have grown to understand the value and wonderful experience we provide. This is a result of our team’s hard work, dedication to advancing our education, and always seeking improvement.
We specialize in 3 arenas:
Dr. Loetscher attended the prestigious Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery training program at the Ohio State University. While there he also obtained a Master’s degree in Bone Grafting.
The Ohio State program has excelled for years in its training in the areas of Dental Implantology, Orthognathic Surgery, and Anesthesia. Dr. Loetscher lectures locally and nationally on topics of Dental Implants and Orthognathic Surgery. He is considered an expert in these fields and is well published in these areas as well. Our team regularly attends regional and national meetings to stay up to date on the latest and safest techniques.
Dr. Loetscher’s surgical staff have been with him for years, and have unsurpassed experience in simple and complex oral & maxillofacial surgical procedures.
We have built a facility with advanced and fully equipped surgical suites. This allows us to practice a full scope of our specialty in a safe, clean and cost-efficient environment. Our onsite dental lab provides us with elite capability with our dental implant reconstructions.
Dr. Loetscher received the following honors and awards while in dental school:
- American College of Dentists Award: A plaque awarded by the Iowa section to a senior student with an outstanding academic achievement and active non-academic participation during dental school.
- Slighter Scholarship Award: A scholarship presented to a junior dental student on the basis of scholastic ability and financial need. Preference given to a student with a preference in orthodontics.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Certificate presented to the senior student who has demonstrated exemplary aptitude and achievement in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Norma Adams Award: A financial award presented to a junior dental student Demonstrating Promise of High Achievement in their chosen profession and possessing qualities of character and personality, which will enhance those skills.
- Delta Sigma Delta, Gamma Chapter: Award in Recognition of Highest Academic Achievement During First Three Years in the Study of Dentistry.
- Dows Dental Research Award: Project entitled Local Anesthesia of the Maxillary First Molar The Incidence of Success with the Posterior Superior Alveolar Nerve Block.
- Dows Dental Research Award: Project entitled An Analysis of Variations in the Innervations of the Maxillary First Molar.
- Dean’s Leadership Award: 1985 and 1986 University of Iowa, College of Dentistry
- National Dean’s List: 1984, 1985, 1986.
- 1985 Outstanding Scholar’s Award: University of Iowa, College of Dentistry
- Dental Class of 1923 Award: Presented to three outstanding junior dental students on the basis of scholarship, professional attitude, character, and personality.
- P.M. Herrick Award: Delta Sigma Delta, Highest Scholastic Average in the Freshman Academic Year.
- Fenton Memorial Award: Presented to an outstanding junior dental student on Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Loetscher, C.A: Peterson, L.J.: The Effect of a Hydroxyapatite Inlay Graft on Cranial Growth. Successfully defended August 1990