Cost of Orthognathic Surgery
Dr. Loetscher does the majority of orthognathic surgery in his outpatient surgery facility. This is provides a clean, controlled environment as well as providing major cost savings to our patients by eliminating the hospital and it’s fees. For patients with medical issues or more advanced age, we may elect to do the procedure at Northside Hospital.
There are several factors going into the cost of Orthognathic Surgery:
- Pre- and Post-operative orthodontics. Orthognathic surgery is done in conjunction with orthodontics. Orthodontic fees in the area run approximately $5,000 – $6,500
- The surgery itself (see below)
- The time off of school or work 7-14 days
- Insurance Coverage: About 70% of our patients have insurance that cover some of the costs of the surgery, and if done in the hospital – much of the hospital fees
The Surgical fee itself:
Global Orthognathic Surgery Fees September 2018
We have established “Global Fees” for our Orthognathic Surgery Patients. The global fees cover the surgeons fee’s, anesthesiologist’s fee, and all surgery center fees, including pre-op appointments, and follow-up appointments for the first year.
- Lower Jaw (BSSO) $13,000
- Upper Jaw ( 1 or 2 piece LeFort)* $13,000
- Genioplasty (Chin Advancement) $2,800
- Upper Jaw & Chin or Lower Jaw & Chin $14,500
- Upper & Lower Jaw Together: $25,000
- Upper & Lower Jaw, with Chin: $26,500
- Surgical Rapid Palatal Expansion (RPE)
- Including Anesthesia $4,600
- Surgical Rapid Expansion – Lower Jaw
- Including Anesthesia $2,200
- Post-Operative In-Home Nursing Service $100-300
Note: Surcharge for a 3 piece maxilla upper jaw modification for severe open-bite closure is an additional $1800.
These fees represent the combined collection from the patient and their insurance company. We as a courtesy file pre-treatment estimates and necessary records to your insurance company. We require a deposit to schedule. Most insurance carriers will not disclose amounts they will pay for the procedure until it has been performed. Pending insurance approval – your amount paid prior to your surgery may be decreased – depending upon your insurance.
We will file to your insurance for reimbursement of all reasonable items, including the surgeon and anesthesiologist’s fee, and supplies. This will be reimbursed upon receipt.
Care Credit is available with our office for financing.